CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 12, 2010

A Novel Idea: Part One

So, I'm writing a Novel. I'm also going to be blogging along the way. So, today is day 1 of my writing.

First, I wanna talk a little about what it's like to be an artist and feel like u have no outlet.

I've been a writer and a musician for as long as I can remember. I've written tons of song that haven't ever been fully produced and a million pieces of literature that has all but disappeared. However, Lately, Ive been feeling really anxious and nervous and I couldnt figure out why. Then I sat down at my piano and wrote the bridge for a song I've been stuck on for months now and IMMEDIATELY i felt better. I decided that I need to release some of this creativity inside of me because the anxiety it was causing me was affecting me in all aspects of my life. I couldn't even concentrate cause my mind would just be racing all over the place with thoughts and ideas and RANDOMNESS!!!

So, tonight I was reading something that Stephanie Meyer wrote about her process of creating the Twilight Series (which I love.) She said that when she was writing, she created her chracters. People she dreamed up and then LOVED and asked them WHAT HAPPENED in order to create her masterpieces. So, I'm doing just that. I've created a character and her setting. I've created things that happened to her in her life and a mindset for her. I created relationships for her and a starting point in her life.... And I asked her.... What Happened To you?


I'm not going to give it away at all. But I hope to carry you along with me in the process and deliver you the end result. So... LETS GO!!!

1 replies:

VMONEY said...

Woop Woop lemme get that song